An analog life

Still partying like it's 1999

2006-05-04

Done and done!

I haven't written about the best things that have happened lately, because I wanted to make the post worthy of the news and early mornings are depleting my creative stores. But I know many of you are wondering, and I'm feeling terribly negligent, so I'll just put it out there.

While I was in Dublin, Jeff returned to Canada to endure two of life's greatest trials over a whirlwind five days, all while battling jetlag and a seemingly impossible to-do list. I've been worried about all that stress, but he rose to the challenges with awe-inspiring determination and aplomb. He passed his final PhD defense, AND his final graduated licensing driving test!

He is now a bona fide Doctor of Philosophy and a bona fide Ontario driver. Pretty impressive, eh? I was sure he'd get the PhD. He has worked really hard, given so much of his time, racked up impressive publications, and earned great feedback on his thesis. But I confess I was less certain about the driving test given that he'd had no opportunity to practice! I'm so excited for him, and proud of him. He can throw himself into the new job and only look forwards now, and hopefully enjoy some well-deserved relaxation time.

And thinking about that makes me really happy, even when I've been up since 6:00 AM!

2 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a week! Congrats Jeff! -T2

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Rob said...

We're very proud of both of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home