An analog life

Still partying like it's 1999

2006-04-11

Thoughts turn homeward

Photos of apple blossoms are appearing on North American blogs as their authors emerge from the malaise of winter. And though spring here is undeniably beautiful, I miss the more dramatic contrast and excitement of springtime in Canada. I miss that first time you get warm enough while walking to tie your sweatshirt around your waist even though there’s still slush on the ground. I miss being outside in a t-shirt and Wellies breaking up the ice in the backyard so the melting snow drains. I miss the combined effect of a crisp north wind and warm sunlight on your face. I miss the dilemma over when to tempt fate and put away snow boots, shovels, winter coats. I miss stretching out legs that have been hibernating under an office desk and feeling the vitamin D seeping into your bones.



(Though I am always cheered by the incredible cuteness of Chelsea's cat.)

1 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger Her Highnessness said...

It's all still pretty I'm heading to the park this weekend to hopefully see some signs of greenery... if none has arrived yet to photograph for you, I will get a flower to tie on Zeus' collar for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home