An analog life

Still partying like it's 1999

2006-05-09

Currently raising my spirits

The fab l'Occitane goodies Rob and Jess sent back with Jeff from Canada. Had they not already had my undying affection, it would have been won with such a thoughtful and unexpected treat!

Andrea and Mark are coming to visit! Andrea and Mark are coming to visit! (It warrants saying twice!)

The fact that printed inside every single roll of toilet paper in the multipack I just bought, it says "HELP" where normally there's just a number code. (I took every last one out to confirm my findings.) The trees have spoken! Hear ye, Stephen Harper! (I imagine him being crushed by Ents.)

Diet cherry coke!

Five weeks' holiday per calendar year (in ADDITION to public holidays) at my new job! And I can wear jeans!

The end of soccer season!

Groovy new sandals! That fit! And are super-comfortable! (Unfortunately I have to wait until the mangling from soccer cleats and non-comfortable non-fitting shoes heals before I can wear them.)

5 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Rob said...

I am glad to hear things are looking up! Funny story about the l'Occitane stuff... After picking the stuff up after work one day we stopped by Booster Juice for a refreshing beverage. Jessi said "Rob, can you please put Laura's gift in your backpack?"... But what I apparently heard was "Rob, can you please leave Laura's gift behind and not remember until we get all the way home and are too tired to come back downtown to retrieve it?"... Fortunately, the cosmos smiled on us and Jessi called the next day to discover that the store clerks had found it unmolested and we reclaimed it that afternoon (and got more tasty beverages for our troubles!)... I guess I should start listening to Jessi more carefully from now on!

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bump

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura
Just wanted to let you know that I'm still a fan. Richard left this morning for Salmon Arm so I'm feeling a bit low. Your blog and a coffee were all I needed as a pick-me-up.

Gaby

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! 5 weeks holiday (I hope you spend most of it at home!) AND you can wear jeans! You hit the jackpot!

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home