An analog life

Still partying like it's 1999

2006-01-24

Aw, hell.

Quite apart from the Alberta sweep, which was a lost cause, what on earth have Canadians done? Re-elected back half of Mike Harris's cabinet in Ontario! Yikes. I can just shake my head, throw up my hands, and feel glad that I'm getting out of here for the duration of the term. Hopefully no lasting damage will be done. At least it's not a majority. If Harper had free reign for a few years I may never have wanted to return ...

4 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, yer tellin' me! On an island of hippies I've landed in one of the few consistently blue ridings! I'm starting to have no time for people that have no time for people that don't vote - I have yet to have a vote count in 10 years of going to the polls (other than strategic Liberal votes while living in Quebec). I give up!

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to clog up your comments space, but actually that reminds me of something funny my Sexual Orientation and the Law prof stated in remarking on leaving the country: "After all, if I'm going to live in a homophobic society, it might as well be a tropical homophobic society. Southern India is lovely." Too bad about the weather in Oxford, but it looks like you are in good intellectual company, at least. -T2

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed...you're leaving at the right time! Though a Layton-Harper alliance could be interesting...

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Her Highnessness said...

Indeed, the moustache vs. the hair...


FIGHT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home