An analog life

Still partying like it's 1999

2006-01-20

That's some rabbit

Okay, so everyone else in the world has already seen Donnie Darko. I had my belated initiation last night, and as soon as they opened it with "The Killing Moon" I was hooked. I was promised that the film was kind of like Twin Peaks in spirit, and though it could never match that standard in my opinion, the MUSIC was genius, especially the slow-mo visuals they paired it with. I have always had a secret desire to make a film solely for the joy of choosing all my favorite obscure music and throwing it in at key moments. The ultimate music snob's conceit. There are so many great songs that I can't believe noone has put in a film (unless they've tried and been refused). Or at least not any film that I've seen, and I see a lot of arty/indie flicks.

(Incidentally, I still listen to the Twin Peaks soundtrack a fair bit. It always reminds me of Chelsea's house and Natasha's inimitable rendition of the Dance of the Dream Man.)

1 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, I only heard of it when I went to Ireland, where it had achieved "sold in every store everywhere" (or something) status. A pretty cool movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home