An analog life

Still partying like it's 1999

2006-01-10

Return of the Mac

I'm back in the big city for a few days. Much less snow here, although the snow at home is also unski-able. Anyway, looking forward to catching up with as many people as possible, doing a bit of shopping, a bit of merrymaking, and consuming many chai lattes. It definitely feels odd to be here and not have the apartment. It was hardly a nice apartment, but it was home. I miss my neighborhood!

Then this weekend it's back home to finish sorting and packing away my stuff, to vote (how they figured out where I'm living right now I'll never know), to straighten things out with the bank, and to otherwise prepare to move overseas at the end of the month. I feel as if there must be a million things I haven't even thought of that will become very apparent once I'm unable to acquire entry, abode or employment due to some oversight. But part of me just thinks "Oh, well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it." I will keep you posted on how the ignorance-is-bliss approach to relocation works, in case anyone else wants to try it. And if you've ever moved overseas yourself, advice is welcome.

Have a great week!

2 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll be just fine. Relax is probably exactly the right thing to do. And it's so exciting! Lovely blog I might add (esp the pictures from Maui - mmmm, quite the slap-in-the-face contrast to the solid wall of darkness and rain that greeted me back on the We[s]t Coast). Oh and I got Skype, so we're all set for free overseas communications. Do you have your tickets/know when you're leaving yet? -T2

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Yaay! Now I have two friends! ;)

That rocks that you have Skype now. I'm planning on using it a lot! I'll try calling you this weekend (by normal phone) to update you on our nonexistent plans. Miss you! - T1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home