An analog life

Still partying like it's 1999

2006-01-03

New year, old friends

Returning to the ancestral homestead has brought up lots of embarrassing memorabilia, lots of listening to my favorite maudlin tunes, and lots of memories of old friends.

On that subject of old friends, I'm giving a shout-out to Chelsea for her help in setting up this blog. When we were in high school and I was etching out multiple drafts of my essays on stone tablets, Chelsea already had an email address and was participating in these things called "chatrooms." Years later, hers was the first blog I followed. She has always been a fearless embracer of new technology, and is therefore my polar opposite. (This didn't stop us from constantly being mistaken for one another ... apparently being tall and pale with dark hair and black clothing makes you more or less interchangeable.) In grade ten English class we used to write tales about our fantasy futures and pass them back and forth. In these stories we'd be successful Bright Young Things living anywhere BUT Kingston, with our celebrity partners of choice (or occasionally heretofore unattainable high school seniors). She has become just such a person in real life, with a very cool boyfriend who's not famous yet but is on the rise, and over the holidays they got engaged. I think that even her idealistic high school self would be thrilled.

The evil twins circa 1994.

1 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Blogger Her Highnessness said...

I so LOVE that photo and I still think I have all those stories collected somewhere. He he.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home