An analog life

Still partying like it's 1999

2007-02-12

Innovation

How I love YouTube! Hours of fun. And education, too. This video is apparently from 2004 so it probably made the rounds a while back. But it's worth a listen - really interesting, especially if you've been a fan of the various incarnations of electronic music over the past ten or twenty years.

6-second drum loop

Also fun: looking for old TV commercials on YouTube. Especially when you can tell the company really tried hard to make a new catchword or slogan that would become all the rage. Sadly, 'mindsticker' doesn't appear to have, uh, stuck in peoples' minds. Check out this creepy commercial that frankly makes me glad I'm not a woman in the 60s. Then again, commercials still convey the impression that a woman's worth is based on her weight. Sigh.

Be a mindsticker

Speaking of innovation, I have just discovered that Onion Goggles exist. Which is fantastic, as nobody needs them more than I do. I cannot cut up an onion without a prolonged break partway through to regain my vision. Put that on my birthday list, right along with the Banana Guard. Mushy, bruised bananas make me want to vomit. This could change my life!

2 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Thanks Laura. Now I feel old. That jungle music is what I grew up on. Once I even made a song with that amen break (it sucked).

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read somewhere that if you chew gum while cutting an onion you may not suffer the side effects of chopping onion. It didn't say whether different types of gum make a difference. Worth a try though. LS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home