An analog life

Still partying like it's 1999

2007-02-01

Probably only four haircuts ago, sadly enough

I have been carrying around a Daytimer (TM) for ten years now. The good old-fashioned entirely paper kind of agenda. I have misplaced it several times, and each time been unable to sleep until it was safely returned. I refill my Daytimer with new week-at-glance pages each year, but don't very often bother with a proper clean-out. Which means every now and then I stumble across goodies in the note pages. Like a list of possible career options, from when I panicked about my future in fourth-year university. ('Editor' was not on the list. 'Architect', 'lawyer' and 'art curator' were, meaning I hadn't yet adopted my 'aim low' philosophy.) Notes for job interviews (hi Napanee Museum!). A to-do list for moving to Toronto (1999). Shopping lists for three consecutive Christmases. A list of radical ways in which I was going to Change! My! Life! during my quarter-life crisis. Lists of books to read. Recipes to make. Quotes to remember.

Because my Daytimer has grown heavier over the years, under the weight of responsibility for keeping my life together and my mind clear, I decided to rid it of all unnecessary items. And hidden under the front flap I found this:


This photo is at least twelve years old. I'd hazard a guess that it's from 1994. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Yep. It's just about time to try a new look.

2 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Her Highnessness said...

Wow. I even have that photo of you from OAC. Awesome.

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he he he. We do too. Both of us! -T2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home