An analog life

Still partying like it's 1999

2006-03-08

Whine and roses

Today was a tough one, and I had my semi-annual fit of "I'm giving it all up and running away to harvest vegetables on an organic farm." (It used to be the circus until my pre-arthritic knees ended any future as an acrobat.) But Jeff knows that flowers and food rarely fail to lift my mood, so he brought home some begonias to brighten our monochromatic flat and later achieved perfection with a glorious chunk of seared tuna. I'm a lucky girl.



Ignore the indifferent plating and terrible food photography, and just admire the colour (and imagine the melt-in-your-mouth texture and spicy sauce) of that tuna. I know of a few restaurant chefs who could use a lesson!

In happier news, it's International Women's Day! Commemorated by the United Nations on March 8 of every year. Worth celebrating, I'd say.

2 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger Rob said...

I have to admit, that looks tasty even to someone who can't stand fish!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I would totally be up for veggie farming in the Maui upcountry! Ahhh, Maui. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home