An analog life

Still partying like it's 1999

2006-12-05

ROFL!

If you haven't seen it already, go to Torontoist and watch the vintage news clip about the new phenomenon called 'Internet'. (It was posted Dec. 5 so you'll have to scroll down or just watch it here.) It all seems so innocent and optimistic (especially the comment about how there's no curse words). Every time Peter Mansbridge says 'Internet' with that forced tone, or they show someone 'surfing' a black screen with neon green eighties type, or they explain the purpose of 'emoticons' in painfully obvious detail, see if you don't guffaw. And look! There's still some hair on Peter's head!

Right - I'm adding more linkage because I don't have energy to write anything and because these are really brilliant:

Mary Poppins Film Trailer

The Shining Film Trailer

Hey - it's December! I'm going to be home in 13 days!

2 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger Rob said...

:-) (that means I'm kidding). My favourite part was discovering that [the] Internet is a "[Tool] of the Human Spirit". :-( (now i'm serious).

As Rick Mercer said in talking with Americans, let's stop people from climbing on Peter Mans' Bridge. :-) (oop, I'm just kidding again!)

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Her Highnessness said...

Um, I just finished watching Marry Poppins. That's so strange.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home