An analog life

Still partying like it's 1999

2006-11-15

I'll owe you an apology after this

For about a week, we've been inadvertently and annoyingly breaking into song. I've done it at work when I wasn't thinking. I've done it while walking down the street. I'll arrive home, having blissfully cleared the tune from my mind with my iPod, and Jeff will walk in the door an hour later and be singing it. The reason is a ridiculously catchy tune by a ridiculously large group of people who rented a high school gymnasium to record a ridiculously low-budget video. They're called I'm From Barcelona. They're Swedish. I know, it blows the mind.

Click on this link to see 23 twenty- and thirty-somethings who appear to have stepped out of a 1970s class photo (outsized specs! inexcusable hairstyles! cardigans on men!). You'll hate me tomorrow when you can't stop la-la-la-la-ing. Twee, indeed.

Ha ha, and then watch this one.

3 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Great video, catchy song! Now for some payback. I heard this song on a zellers commercial and couldn't get it out of my head. Head over to this site and click on "la le la la" in the player.
http://www.myspace.com/kinniestarr
(Kinnie Starr is an "alternative/hip hop/rock" artist from B.C.

 
At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Laura! I just listened to this for the first time with Rob clapping and dancing behind me and Gadget happily chirping in the background. It is pretty funny! I have one question...what's with the chick holding the guys ears at the start of the video? : ) It is catchy, I must say. Now I understand why Rob has been humming non stop lately and then shouting "Go read Laura's Blog!!!".

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Like brother, like brother! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home