An analog life

Still partying like it's 1999

2008-10-21

A welcome dose of the girly stuff

I just had a friend visit from Oxford and we browsed Sephora, lounged with expensive cocktails on cushion-covered beds at a beach bar, ordered ridiculously rich chocolatey desserts at restaurants, bought magazines and enjoyed being spectators at the fashion parade that is Barcelona. Fun stuff! We also discovered a store that is in close contention with Liberty for my favorite store ever. It's called Vinçon, it's in an opulent turn-of-the-century apartment building, and it's a dream.
I've seen lots of fantastic shoes, though always on people's feet rather than in a shop. Not that I have luggage space for more shoes (despite having sent several pairs home I have somehow still ended up with six pairs here in Spain), but I'm inspired. I've also noticed that women in particular wear really bright and groovy specs. If a person is wearing bright red and purple glasses - especially if they are also wearing sort of bohemian-rocker attire - then they are almost certainly local. If they are wearing comfortable sandals and any sort of backpack, especially on their front, they're tourists of course. I don't wear a backpack across my chest, but I will never emulate the effortless cool of Europeans. At least looking a bit like a tourist makes people more understanding when I am butchering their language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home