An analog life

Still partying like it's 1999

2008-08-07

A life of leisure

This is my first week of (voluntary) unemployment, and apart from the lousy weather I've very much enjoyed sleeping in a bit, idly browsing library and bookstore shelves, and being able to run errands during the week. I'm not without guilt, however. A man (purportedly) from the gas company showed up yesterday, and I opted not to let him in as I hadn't called them and I was pretty sure it was the wrong gas company. Without thinking I called Jeff at the lab to get reassurance that I had done the right thing. As I'm chattily describing the situation he had to politely cut me off because he was in the middle of a meeting. I had a sudden vision of myself as the bored housewife, pestering my husband with inane domestic details whilst he's busy trying to save the world or whatever it is that he does at work, as his colleagues roll their eyes in sympathy. And I shuddered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home