An analog life

Still partying like it's 1999

2007-09-10

Another fad has apparently passed me by.

Check this out. So bad it's good. Who is this band? I am intrigued.
A Cause des Garcons

The remix vid is crazy.
A Cause des Garcons 'remix tepr video tecktonic'

What is going on? Is this good dancing? Is it very bad? We found little information about 'tecktonic' other than that it seems to be a style of dance in France that started in 2000 and was 'completely ignored in the rest of Europe.' At least that's my understanding ... my French isn't so hot. So now you know. Sort of. At the very least, if you see these people on the dance floor, give them a wide berth. Do a search for 'tecktonic' on YouTube. You'll see what I mean.

In other music-related stuff, how cute are The Tough Alliance? And how cute is the song 'Anorak Christmas'? ('He Keeps Me Alive' is also cute, except for a brief misguided dalliance with the vocoder.) Why are so many of the bands I listen to Swedish? Something to do with the fact that my parents have only ever driven Volvos, almost certainly.

I have had Rihanna's 'Umbrella' in my head all day. Mostly just the dumb part where she goes 'Umbrella, Ella, Ella, Ella'. It's driving me bonkers.

3 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Rob said...

So if Jeff moved to France his dancing style would be popular? :) BTW, please keep my brother from EVER buying skinny jeans. I would have to disown him at that point...

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Jessi said...

The skinny jeans make that dance video cool! And I agree, that Umbrella song can make a person go crazy!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Djanger said...

Laura.....fantastic finds....I'm hooked on everything you posted. As for Sweden, I just discovered this band called Those Dancing Days from Sweden too. Fantastic. I posted a video of them on my blog (cheap plug :)). Check it out

http://ikdk.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home